Soupaphobia is the fear of soup. This fear is frequently seen exhibited in Todoroki from the anime and manga series My Hero Academia.

Common causes of soupaphobia include: getting soup poured on the face (more commonly the left side), allergies to soup, hating soup, and vivid nightmares. However, scientists have recently discovered that 73% of people with soupaphobia are traumatized children, so perhaps that plays a role in this horrible yet hilarious fear. Some could say this research is biased however, because 73% of the children that were researched were Todoroki, and the other 27% researched were rocks. This is important because Todorokis are 359% more likely to be traumatized than rocks are, and there are more documented individuals with soupaphobia that were not included in the study.

Sources:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ#

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.